The women’s Program undertakes continuous work on the issues of violence against women. We support women who experience abuse in their relationships, creating awareness on the topic. The program acknowledges that violence against women is a crucial and hidden transgression of human rights, which affects women of all ages, social classes and cultures. We must work on systemic measures to eradicate it.
- To respond to the needs of women in an atmosphere of trust and according to their individual needs by providing crisis intervention and on-going counseling
- To provide women with information about their legal rights, existing resources and how to access them.
- To help diminish women’s isolation by bringing them together, facilitating mutual support and enhancing their understanding of the dynamics of abuse.
- To share information and resources with other community organizations and front-line workers in order to provide appropriate and holistic services for women who suffer abuse
- Counsell and individual orientation in person and by phone
- Crisis intervention and support
- Safety risk assessment for the woman and her children
- Safety plan
- Applications for priority subsidized and independent housing
- Assessment of children who witnessed domestic violence
- Information about legal resources, and court accompaniment
- Support and recovery groups for women and their children
- Parenting’s educational workshops
- Activities to promote community awareness of women rights
Contact Us 416.533.8545 Photo: Ortiz Middle School