The women’s Program undertakes continuous work on the issues of violence against women. We support women who experience abuse in their relationships, creating awareness on the topic. The program acknowledges that violence against women is a crucial and hidden transgression of human rights, which affects women of all ages, social classes and cultures. We must work on systemic measures to eradicate it.
- To respond to the needs of women in an atmosphere of trust and according to their individual needs by providing crisis intervention and on-going counseling
- To provide women with information about their legal rights, existing resources and how to access them.
- To help diminish women’s isolation by bringing them together, facilitating mutual support and enhancing their understanding of the dynamics of abuse.
- To share information and resources with other community organizations and front-line workers in order to provide appropriate and holistic services for women who suffer abuse
- Orientation and information about legal rights and court escorting
- Telephone and in- person crisis counseling
- Individual counseling
- Assessment for children/ Witness of domestic abuse
- Long- term support program for women leaving an abusive relationship
- Support groups for women and children affected by violence
Contact Us 416.533.8545 Photo: Ortiz Middle School